The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

24 Weeks :)


How Far Along:
 24 weeks and 3 days. 
Size of Baby: Just over a pound and about a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 10 pounds and counting! 
Maternity Clothes: Yep! I've been wearing my excellent belly-band from Target (which I totally recommend!) so that still allows me to wear my same jeans, but I don't have to button them, and I've had to wear a few bigger shirts.
Gender: It's a boy! We're so excited :) And we've nailed down the first name to Andrew, now we just need to decide on a middle name.
Movement: Totally! And the cool thing is other people can feel him move as well. Over Christmas break I think anyone who wanted to feel him move was able to.
Sleep: Yep! Lots and lots of sleep. Thank goodness for Christmas break--I've been able to sleep in quite a bit and catch up on some much needed energy.
What I miss: Being able to wear some of my old clothes, but it's not that bad :)
Cravings: Nothing that I can really think of.
Aversions: Honestly, chocolate. I mean I can eat a candy bar or something, but chocolate and some other sweets have been kind of a turn-off. Thank goodness that hit right around the holidays!
Symptoms: My hips have been a little achy, but that's just them stretching out and preparing for labor and delivery, so it's all good! I will say though, Grant has made this pregnancy so much easier. He's always willing to give me a foot massage or back massage, and can always tell whenever I'm uncomfortable. An example was the other morning--I woke up with my hips throbbing but I knew it would go away in a few minutes (they are always pretty stiff in the mornings). Grant could tell that I didn't sleep very well and was in a bit of pain, so without even asking just came over and starting rubbing my lower-back which was a HUGE help. I'm glad he knows me well enough to know what I need without me saying anything. I'm so grateful for him!
Best Moment: Probably having other people feel him move around. It's been cool to see their reaction and see them get excited too. Also, a couple days ago I was taking a bath and looked down at my belly as Andrew was moving around and could see him moving from the outside! It was crazy to see my stomach make little twitches and randomly stick out in places then go away. It was so cool!

Here is the 24 week belly shot!


Watch for more blog posts on Christmas break and on the baby shower that my beautiful sister-in-law threw for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment