The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pregnancy Brain at its Finest

Oh my gosh, either my blonde roots are penetrating my brain a bit too much or the whole "pregnancy brain" is true. Ya, I'll go with the latter. Here's an example:

So this morning was my first day back at school. Why Alpine School District has us come back from Christmas break on a Thursday is beyond me.

Anywho, I've had a tendency of forgetting my lunch and my water bottle quite a few times ever since I've become pregnant. So much so that I actually have a stash of snacks in my desk, along with a hug cup that I brought from home one day to keep at school.

This morning I was so organized and on top of it. I got up early, I had my lunch, my papers I graded over break, my water bottle, my coat, my cell-phone, my keys. I was ready to roll! I even put my bagel in the toaster before I put on my makeup, so by the time I was done I could go put peanut butter on my fresh-out-of-the-toaster bagel. So I go put on my makeup, get dressed, grab everything I had packed up and head out to the car. About 3/4 of the way to school I was feeling so proud of myself. I was going to get to school early, I had everything I needed...and then my stomach growled. I left my bagel in the toaster. It was toasted. It was ready to be peanut buttered up and eaten. But it was at home. "Oh well," I thought to myself, "Since I'm a frickin Eagle Scout and totally prepared for anything, I'll just grab a granola bar out of my purse." And I go to reach for my purse and find...whoops! I forgot my purse!

I know a bagel and purse aren't a huge deal, but man I feel so blonde sometimes! Pregnancy brain, you are my comic relief :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahah! It happens! Today I had a friend call and invite my toddler twins to come and play at her house tomorrow. I told her it wouldn't work because I had to work since it was going to be Tuesday...ummmm....just fyi...it's not tuesday tomorrow...it's Friday! :) Love my prego brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it only gets worse! And then about 6 weeks after baby-dear is born you suddenly have a moment when you think, "I'm back. I can think about hard things again. Ahhhh This is so nice!" Good luck and we're excited for you!

    ReplyDelete