The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day :)

A day of love :) How wonderful! This is mine and Grant's first Valentines Day together...kind of. Last year we were kind of starting to date, but he still gave me flowers last year (he's super thoughtful!) This year, I told Grant that I wasn't expecting anything and to not feel like he needs to do anything for me. Well, he didn't really follow that at all hahaha. The first thing he did was write me a love note and left it in my laptop, which really meant a lot to me. Next, when we came home from campus he banned me from the kitchen--usually he at least lets me cook with him, but this time he wouldn't have any of that. Just as a side note, when I walked in I saw a vase full of red roses--what a sweetheart! Anyways, he wouldn't even let me see what he was cooking! So, I relaxed while he cooked up the most amazing dinner (Chicken Cordon Bleu thing with seasoned potatoes and toast and alredo noodle goodness...it was SO good!) Not only did he make enough for that night, but for the whole week! He also bought some milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, along with bananas and strawberries so we could dip them in chocolate for dessert--what a genius! It  was fun to have a night of relaxing in the midst of school and work and everything else. I got him a card as well as some fudge and peanut buttery goodness from the BYU bookstore that he had to try--it really is amazing. Needless to say it was a great Valentines day, and my husband is the best husband in the world. He really is so thoughtful and works so hard. I'm grateful to have him :)

1 comment: