The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Horray!

The past couple of weeks in our ward have been awesome! I don't think Grant or I realized how hard it is to get to know people and make friends in a married ward. You don't have group FHE, ward prayer, and quite frankly, in a married student ward, everyone just wants to build their marriage and family, which is good, but finding friends takes a while.
However, these past couple weeks have been great! Grant and I have been more outgoing and had our first couples date a few weeks ago. It's also been kind of hard to get involved because we didn't have callings yet, but visiting teaching and home teaching have helped. Today, I was also called to be the RS pianist. I'm grateful for the chance to have this calling again because I haven't been playing the piano as much as I would like to. It'll be a good chance for me to develop that talent again.
Also, Grant and I are giving talks next week--WOO! I know people joke around a lot about giving talks in church, but I actually like it hahaha and I think Grant does too. It'll give us a chance to introduce ourselves and help us get to know more people. It's taken a while, but we're making friends, we're getting involved in the ward, and we're loving every minute of it :) Wards really are something special, and I'm grateful we have the chance to meet and worship together every week.

2 comments:

  1. Eric and I used to pick out a couple at church and invite them over for Sunday night dessert and games. We've met some of our closest friends that way! We also would do combined home teaching, meaning that we would get all the couples that Eric was assigned to together at once and that was a great way to get connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With as friendly and fun as you both are, it won't take time to have all kinds of new friendships :) Wish I could come hear you both speak this Sunday . . .

    ReplyDelete