The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Math Majors...

I can't stand math majors. Now, you might be thinking "What's the difference between math and mathed majors?" The classes we have to take aren't that different...we take pretty much the same classes but they take about 3 or 4 more ridiculous math classes than us. OK, so actually most math majors are pretty nice, there are just the select few who are WAY too cocky and stuck up for their own good. Example? Math 450. I already don't want to be in this class anyways, I just need it to graduate. It's called combinitorics (aka permutations, probability, blah blah blah). I love my teacher, a lot of my good friends are in that class, and then there are the cocky jerks who think they're better than you because you're a "mathed major." Here are some examples.

Me: "Hey, is this a way to think about this problem?"
Boy: "Wow, I'm impressed you figured that out."
Me: "Oh, was it hard for other people?"
Boy: "No..."

Another example.
Me: "Hey, I think this is how to do this problem, but can you help me on this part?"
Boy: "He actually did one like this in class..."
Me: **Looking through my notes** Ummm...he did?
Boy: "Ya, look back to last weeks. This corresponds with blah blah blah...hopefully you can make that connection before the test..."
Me: FORGET YOU!

Moral of the story: Mathed is better than Math. We're smart AND we have people skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment