The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

22 Week Update :)

How Far Along: 22 weeks and 1 day.
Size of Baby: According to babycenter.com, baby girl is 11 inches and about 1 pound.
Maternity Clothes: Thankfully, I'm starting to get a more round bump, so people can actually tell that I'm pregnant. So, I'm sort of in maternity clothes. I use my belly-band whenever I wear jeans, but I'm mostly wearing all my same clothes, it's just you can tell that I'm pregnant instead of just plump. So, we're coming out of the awkward stage, so that's nice :)
Gender: It's a girl! We decided on the name as well--Hailey Miriam Vanderhorst. We're so excited!
Movement: Hailey is a little jitter bug. She moved around a TON during the gender ultrasound, and she is constantly kicking or rotating. She's a little ball of energy--right along with her brother :)
Sleep: When I can. I'm usually tutoring during Andrew's naps, but Grant is always so good to make sure I get rest when he is home.
What I miss: I will always miss being able to exercise--at this point, I'd just love to be able to go outside. This winter has officially been poopy, and I'm ready for it to end so I can take Andrew outside and we can get some fresh air.
Cravings: Nothing that I can really think of. I forgot how hungry I am during pregnancy though, so I eat a lot of snacks. This, coupled with my progesterone shots, makes me incredibly hungry, so I try and make sure that I eat healthy snacks throughout the day, and that they are good calories.
Aversions: These are actually back to normal as well, so that's good :)
Symptoms:  My lower back is achy, but this is the stage where those ligaments are stretching out, and it's not as bad as it was with Andrew since those ligaments have already stretched, so nothing too bad.
Best Moment: Finding out we were having a girl! I totally cried out of happiness. Also, Grant and I went to a consignment sale over the weekend and bought a TON of girl clothes for super cheap (don't worry, we got some for Andrew too!). Also, we had our girl name picked out before we found out what the gender was, so not only being able to say "he" or "she," but call Hailey by her name has made it more real, and been a good bonding experience.

Here's the belly shot!

I won't lie, this is my first selfie. I don't know how well it turned out, but whatever.

2 comments: