The Vanderhorst Family

The Vanderhorst Family

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another Successful Valentine's Day!

Hello Hello!

Happy Valentines day to all of you! I've been thinking a lot about mine and Grant's Valentine's history together if you will and it's been different every year.
2010
This was about 2 weeks after we went on our first date so we were just barely dating, but I was also going on dates with a few different people. The weekend of Valentine's Day I was actually on a date with another person. Good guy, but I couldn't help but think of Grant the whole time. When I came home from my date (with a different guy, mind you--and Grant knew I was on a date) I walked into my bedroom to find a vase of red roses from Grant with a very sweet note. Grant was very patient with me and let me date around, but was never hesitant to let me know he was thinking of me :) I knew at that time that I met a very special person and would be lucky to have the chance to date him.
2011
This was about 3 months after we were married. I remember Grant and I had both had a long day of classes and were pretty worn out (or at least I was). He was home before me, and I came home to find the apartment all cleaned, dinner in the oven, and a vase of red roses for me on the kitchen table. The thing about Grant is that it's not just on Valentine's Day that he does romantic things for me. He'll randomly bring me flowers and is always willing to help around the apartment and especially help cook dinner.
This Year
This year was yet again another successful Valentine's Day! Grant and I are coming up on our 15 month anniversary next week (it sounds better saying 15 months than a little over a year haha) and I can't believe how much has changed. I thought I loved Grant when we were dating, then when we were engaged, then when we got married. I thought I loved him last year. We've been through so much and even though we're still very young and new at being married, our love has grown deeper each day and we're so grateful for each other! Enough about the romance though--Grant got me a rose-gold watch and the beautifully restored edition of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth)! I just about flipped when I opened the movie--I've been wanting that for a while. I got Grant a few gifts that went along with 10 reasons why I loved him (some of those include bacon, snickers, Rich Dad Poor Dad (the boy's a nerd), and some other pretty funny gifts). As wonderful as all of these gifts are, the greatest gift of my life has been having a wonderful husband by my side. I'm excited to spend the rest of forever with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment